I am a passionate costume designer and set designer. I am skilled at hand-sewing and machine sewing, draping, knitting, felting and dyeing. I am known for employing innovative techniques to problem solve and get to the exact shape and movement I am after. I am highly organized, very handy with tools, quick thinking, bring tremendous energy and “can do” to every job and want to collaborate with other highly creative and rigorous producers.
- I am a member of the Seattle-based, internationally known performance group, Degenerate Art Ensemble. We are a live music, dance theater group that employs hand-made instruments, short films (including stop-motion animation) and a wild array of media and materials to produce costuming, props and sets. I have been a primary costumer and set designer with DAE since 2017.
- I am available to collaborate with other highly skilled, ridiculously creative and rigorous producers.
- I am also a Teaching Artist and available to teach dyeing, knitting, hand-sewing and costuming
Select Theatrical Design
- Anima, costume designer with Degenerate Art Ensemble for New Dance Alliance Festival, New York, New York, June 2021
- Skeleton Flower, costume and installation set designer with Degenerate Art Ensemble, 2018-Current. This work was first shown as a work-in-progress in Bulgaria as part of the Spotlight USA Festival in 2018. It premiered in Seattle in March of 2019 and will be performed at the International Festival of Contemporary Dance in Mexico City in August, 2021. It will have its New York City premiere at HERE space in Spring 2022.
- The Invitation, costume and installation set designer with Degenerate Art Ensemble. This short film premiered as part of the Forterra Foundation’s Ampersand Live event in 2020 and the Scottish International Film Festival in 2021 and includes stop motion animation.
- Revel/Reveal, costume designer with Degenerate Art Ensemble. This was the featured live performance and video installation for the University of Washington’s Henry Art Gallery fundraiser gala in early 2020.
- Come Closer, I wrote, acted and costumed this short film in collaboration with director and filmmaker, Leo Mayberry. It premiered at One Reel’s Covid House of Horrors in late 2020.
- 14/48 Productions and Festivals, costume and set designer, Seattle, WA, 2017, 2015, 2014
Select Public Art
- Community Collaboration of 206 Artists, participating artist, installation and photograph, conceptualized, and curated by Todd Jannausch, Occidental Park, Seattle, WA, 2017.
- Blue Dandelions, site-specific, immersive temporary public art projects, Georgetown Carnival, Seattle, WA, 2011.
- Cardinal Meadowhawks, Official Remedy for Disorders, Hair Stories, site-specific, immersive temporary public art projects: Nature Consortium’s Art’s in Nature Festivals, Camp Long, Seattle, WA, 2017, 2011, 2009.
- The Apothecary, Kinetic Dragonflies, Kairos, site-specific, immersive temporary public art projects: LoFi Festivals, Smoke Farm, Arlington, WA, 2014, 2012, 2011.
Teaching Artist Work – Seattle, WA
- Path with Art – Art Teacher, ongoing since 2018
- Temple Beth Am – 7th Grade Art Teacher (long-term substitute), 2018
- Pratt Fine Arts Center – Artist-in-Residence at Concordia Lutheran K – 8, 2016/17
- Staff Youth Instructor – actively on call since 2016
- Seattle Art Museum – youth instructor – actively on on call since 2014
- SAM Olympic Sculpture Park – youth instructor – actively on call since 2014
- Bellevue Art Museum – actively contracted through Gage Art Academy’s Teen Art Studio program
- Gage Art Academy – youth instructor – actively on call since 2012
- Artist Trust EDGE Professional Development Program for Artists, Seattle, WA, 2012
- Teaching Artist Training Lab program, Seattle, WA -2012 and ongoing
- University of Washington, Fiber Arts Certificate Program, Seattle, WA, 2008
- The Culinary Institute of America, Hyde Park, NY, 2000 – student and tutor
- University of Texas, BA, English Literature, Austin, TX, 1997
- Upcoming: City of Shoreline AiR at Richmond Beach, Fall 2021
- Arts Week, Sou’Wester AiR program, costuming and performance, Seaview, WA, 2020
- 3-Week intensive Study with Claudy Jongstra, natural dyeing, Huns, the Netherlands, 2018
- Gener8, Center on Contemporary Art AiR program, study for Hair Stories, Seattle, WA, 2017
- LAB, Center on Contemporary Art AiR program, immersive installation, Seattle, WA, 2016
- Smoke Farm, AiR program, immersive installation, Arlington, WA, 2014
- Self-directed AiR, guerilla immersive installation, Arabia, Helsinki, Finland, 2013
Press Crosscut (Seattle, WA) – Davis, Brangien. “How Godzilla and a Dress of 10,000 Flowers Tell a Story of Surviving Abuse”, March 13, 2019